Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Touch

===============================================
Touch

Teleclass
===============================================

TOUCH

My preteen is not one to give me a hug or let me hug him.
Usually he has to be cajoled.

Several weeks ago, the latest addition to our family, a cute
little fluff ball kitten – Cricket, was killed by a vehicle.

My son wasn’t home at the time. When I picked him up the
following morning from his friend’s house, I told him the
bad news.

Fortunately for me, he was sitting in the front passenger
seat. As he expressed his sorrow over this loss, I rubbed his
shoulders and told him how sorry I was. I say fortunately,
because I know if we were standing he would not have let
me hug him.

On a day to day basis, I look for small opportunities to
tousle his hair or lean on him (he’s only 2 inches shorter
than I.) There are times that he leans against me and I kiss
his head.

I’m sure you’ve heard of the stories that newborns that are
not caressed and hugged, do not thrive. I don’t think this
stops once kids begin to walk, go to school, become
teenagers or leave the nest. Everyone needs positive human
touch.

How do you find ways to keep in “touch” with your kids?

Please comment.

===============================================

"THE 7 KEYS TO HELPING YOUR PRESCHOOLER
TRANSITION SUCCESSFULLY FROM PRESCHOOL
TO KINDERGARTEN"

This teleclass was created to help the parents of pre-
kindergartners support their child through this change.

As you well know, the transition from Preschool to
Kindergarten is one of the most significant changes in a
child's life. It affects them socially, emotionally, physically
and cognitively.

You can help your child . . . click on the following url to
read more click here

When: May 30th, 2007
Time: 7p-8p PST

To read testimonials of others who have attended this class
click here

To enroll go to www.Kinder.Family-Rx.com

===============================================

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home