Wednesday, December 20, 2006

THE STRESS CONNECTION

I read this quote the other day "When your kids are misbehaving, they are stressed out." I thought about this statement and all the times when my kids were misbehaving.

For the most part, I think it's right. I think about my kindergartener and she's misbehaving because she's either tired or hungry or angry - yes, she's stressed out.

I think about my middle school son and he has his intense moments when he's stressed out.

And when I'm most stressed out is when they misbehave the most.

With this new perspective, I find myself responding more and reacting less to their misbehaving. These episodes seem to have less fire when I start trying to understand what they are stressing about and come to a quicker resolution.

Have you found this connection or a similar connection between misbehaving and being stressed out? And how have you addressed it?

HAVE AN AWESOME HOLIDAY SEASON!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home