Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Choices

A friend and I were talking about choices. I mentioned that I always give my children choices; you can pick up your clothes or go to time out or you can take a bath now or in 20 minutes.

My friend told me her parents never gave her choices. In fact, when her son turned 3 and was ready for a big boy’s bed, she allowed him to pick out his sheets and bed spread ( a farm scene.) When she mentioned this to her mother, her mother exclaimed “I never let you do that.”

My friend still has a hesitancy in making choices. With this understanding she’s allowing her children to make choices: sheets, where to go to dinner, what game to play and more.

our children, big and small, need to experience making choices and living with the consequences of their choices.

What kind of choices are you allowing your child to make?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home